Condo Insurance
Coverage & Limits

Does my condo policy cover the structure of my condo, or just my belongings?

Well, it depends. Generally, your condo association’s master policy would cover what’s outside your walls—the physical structure of the condo unit and common areas—and your personal condo policy would be responsible for everything in them. This includes the structures inside your unit like the kitchen, as well as your personal belongings (e.g., electronics, sporting goods, furniture, and clothing).

You should review your association’s bylaws and the association’s insurance policy to understand where their responsibility ends and yours begins. Then, one of our insurance agents can help you determine the coverages and limits that would best protect you and your home.