Renter's Insurance
Coverage & Limits

How much personal property coverage do I need in my renter’s policy?

Everyone’s needs are different, but personal property coverage (Coverage C) is a key part of a renter’s policy. It can help cover the costs of damage to or loss of your furniture and personal possessions.

Other assets like collectibles, jewelry, furs, and silverware may have limited coverage under a renter’s policy, depending on the type of claim. You can usually get additional coverage by scheduling valuable items to your existing policy or with a separate policy. Think about what it would cost to repair or replace your personal belongings and valuable items, and if additional coverage would make sense for you. One of our agents can help you determine how to best cover these items.