- Collect the other driver’s information if possible. This includes their name, contact information, an explanation of the accident, and their insurance company.
- Talk to anyone who witnessed the accident and document their perspective.
- Call the police to report the accident, even if no one was harmed.
- Take photos to document any damage done to your vehicle or other property at the scene, as well as the other driver’s license plate and vehicle if they are still at the scene.
- Lastly, file an auto claim online or call your carrier’s claim number. While the other driver’s insurance company should cover any damage done to your vehicle, your insurance carrier can help walk you through the process.